Wiki Billing Immunizations

kbfloyd

New
Best answers
I work for a Rural Health Clinic and I am having some issues billing administration fees for immunizations for Medicaid patients. I am not even sure if I am supposed to be keying admin fees in for Medicaid patients. I usually key either a 90460 or 90471 depending on age for the first shot and 90461 or 90472 for second shot and every one after the second shot up to three times. I would like some input from someone who works for a Rural Health Clinic to let me know how you bill for admin fees for Medicaid patients.
Thanks in Advance!

I have never worked for a Rural Clinic, but am used to Medicaid only paying on one or the other. They usually have not paid on both the Vaccine and the Admin.

If the provider is part of the VFC program then only the admins are payable not the drugs due to them being provided at no cost

RHC immunizations

We are an RHC clinic and Medicaid has different rules for each state but in Idaho we do not bill for the administration because we are only paid the encounter rate. Any shots or admin fees are not billed.