Wiki Billing from Super bills

Best answers
Hi I have been giving the chance to bill for a dr. He owns his own practice however I am not sure where to start. He wants me to bill from his super bills. I am not sure how to go about this as I thought there would be a system I would need to use. I was wondering if anyone could help in what I need to do or question I can ask the dr so I can be able to take this job that was offered to me. Thank you so much

Hi Michelle,

Coding directly from the superbill is never a good idea. Ideally, you would have access to his EHR or at least dictation from the patient charts - reviewing the documentation will, of course, allow you bill in the most accurate manner. I would suggest more detailed discussion with this doctor.

Good luck!

Its a new office so there has not been anyone doing it. He is a urologist opening up a clinic. all he had asked me was if I would be interested in doing his billing from superbills. BUt I do not have a system to do that so I was wonder what system would be good, He has his npi and medicare =#

Its a new office so there has not been anyone doing it. He is a urologist opening up a clinic. all he had asked me was if I would be interested in doing his billing from superbills. BUt I do not have a system to do that so I was wonder what system would be good, He has his npi and medicare =#

If you looking for a basic, bare bones practice management softwar, Office Ally is free. You may have to pay for claims transmission if claim volume is low.

A lot of major insurances allow you to bill directly through their websites.

If all he has is medicare and those are the only patients, you can use direct data entry and enter claims that way.

http://officeally.com/products_services.aspx?id=66

Whatever you do, be sure you contract states exactly what you will be doing and exactly who will pay for the cost of claim submission. And be sure to have some kind of insurance set up in case you need it.

Paper records?

If the doctor still uses paper records, maybe you have to go to the practice when you do that work? Old enough to remember those days!

The family practice I was at was still using super bills as of last month. We would then key the information based on the provider's charges and dx info into the PM software. We also had a separate EHR system, but decided it was easier to still input charges from the super bill. Sounds a little crazy, but we made it work!

Marlena