Wiki Billing for services rendered out-of-state

JSF777

New
Best answers
My provider is credentialed at a facility in NJ our billing address is in NY. The payer is BCBS FEP, we're trying to bill the claim to NJ since services were rendered there, but they keep rejecting it saying we have to bill in NY, but the NY plan rejects it. The payer is saying our TIN has to have a billing address in NJ. I've never had this issue before and one of the claims actually paid.

My provider is credentialed at a facility in NJ our billing address is in NY. The payer is BCBS FEP, we're trying to bill the claim to NJ since services were rendered there, but they keep rejecting it saying we have to bill in NY, but the NY plan rejects it. The payer is saying our TIN has to have a billing address in NJ. I've never had this issue before and one of the claims actually paid.
I bill BCBS FEP and never had this issue before. With this type of plan, we have to bill as a professional claim vs facility claim. This plan will not accept facility claim even though we are a facility and with this plan you have to file claim within 90 days.

I bill BCBS FEP and never had this issue before. With this type of plan, we have to bill as a professional claim vs facility claim. This plan will not accept facility claim even though we are a facility and with this plan you have to file claim within 90 days.
we are billing a professional claim, it’s my first time experiencing this and don’t really know if I should just appeal the unpaid claims since one of the claims paid.