Wiki Billing for a conference call

mikjad12

Best answers
My doctor is trying to bill out a conference call (99443). She was one the phone with the attorney, judge and the patient. In the notes, all she put was "conference call with attorney, judge and the patients name regarding back injury" "30 min on line for testimony regarding back injury" Does anybody know the guidelines for what needs to be documented for a telephone call? It doesn't seem to be enough to bill out, but I'm not sure what else I need to have her put in her documentation. Thanks for your help!!

We bill for testimonies but they are timed and pre paid by the attorney or patient. We do not bill the insurance unless this was the agreement with the insurance prior to the testimony.

We bill $$ for the FIRST hour then $$ each additional half hour. The amount of time is estimated before the call and prepaid by the appropriate party.

Because it's a court record, documentation on the patient's chart can be minimal because there are court transcripts and the amount of time will also be noted in the transcripts.