Wiki billing/compliance issue

joann709

New
Best answers
My office is working with a new EHR. The company that built it does not understand billing or coding. They have a switch "multiple services per claim". nice but it takes Dr. A's charges from monday and combines it with Dr. B's charges from tuesday and makes it look like Dr. A did all of it. Im trying to explain that this is not kosher. They insist that i cite the regulation that says you cant combine more than 1 doc on a claim. Can i please get some feedback on this to show that although it may not be a formal regulation but it is also not acceptable. thanks.

My office is working with a new EHR. The company that built it does not understand billing or coding. They have a switch "multiple services per claim". nice but it takes Dr. A's charges from monday and combines it with Dr. B's charges from tuesday and makes it look like Dr. A did all of it. Im trying to explain that this is not kosher. They insist that i cite the regulation that says you cant combine more than 1 doc on a claim. Can i please get some feedback on this to show that although it may not be a formal regulation but it is also not acceptable. thanks.

You can put multiple providers on the same claim as long as the individual correct NPI is on the correct line item for each provider.