Wiki Billing and Charting in Seperate Systems

Best answers
Our company currently uses two systems. System A is for office visits and all billing is done through this system. System B we do hospital charting in, but billing is done through System A. We do all billing through the through System A regardless of where the patient is seen.
My question is do I have to import all the chart notes from system B to system A since that is the system we use for billing.
In the event of an audit I do have access to all chart notes from both EHR systems, which I thought was sufficient but just wanted some opinions.

The client I code for uses 2 systems as well. One holds all the billing, etc. The other is the EMR and holds all of the medical records. Whenever we need to appeal a denial, send records required by certain payors, etc. we upload the documentation to the billing system to send to the insurance company. I am not sure what billing system you are using to say for sure how theirs might be setup. But I think it is pretty common place to have more than one system. If an audit were to be performed I am sure they could easily access both. Hope that helps! : )

CPC

Our office also uses two systems: one to capture EHR and one for billing/scheduling purposes. However, both systems are from the same company.

Peace
@_*

We also use system A for outpatient records and all billing, and system B for hospital records. As the coder I do not put any hospital records into the billing system, and I cannot imagine that the billing department has time to do that either. But I do know that when those hospital patients are seen in office follow up, the office staff scans a lot of the hospital records into the outpatient chart.