Wiki Best degree to obtain with my credentials??

JessBojan

Contributor
Best answers
Hello!
I just found out I passed my CPB exam (woo hoo!) and I passed my CPC in December, I would like to also go back to school to obtain an associates degree but I have no idea what classes or degree would be most beneficial to me? Any suggestions/help is welcome! Thank you!

Congratulations and well done!

I got my AAS through Devry online, in Health Information Technology. While I feel like the education was excellent, I would caution anyone considering it that Devry is a for-profit school and is not inexpensive: I have a lot of student debt on me now. You might want to consider seeing what your local community colleges have to offer and consider a career path from there. Something in business could be useful, or health care administration.

If you have any interest in nursing at all, you could also pursue that and get an RN or LPN and go for a career as a nurse coder or (with additional schooling) nurse informaticist. I'm sort of leaning towards pursuing a BSN right now, with that in mind. I haven't quite decided yet though.