Wiki Best code to use for "Vampirism"

Best answers
Yes, that's right. We had a patient today who participates in drinking blood. She is Hep C positive, and we are trying to find a code that will help us get her some prophylactic medications to use prior to drinking blood that will lower her risk of contracting HIV.
Any ideas out there? Most codes I'm finding are risk codes relating to drug use (she does not), risky sexual behavior (she's celibate).
Thanks in advance!

It sounds like this isn't a diagnosis that's being treated, it's a behavior that's putting the patient at risk. I think it would most closely to Z72.89 - Other problems related to lifestyle. I'm sure not if that will get claims paid, but it probably should not be paid as most insurance plans would exclude from coverage anything that was a result of an activity where the patient was intentionally putting themselves at risk. It might be more prudent to require the patient pay for this out of pocket.

I think Z77.21 would probably be the best code for this: "Contact with and (suspected) exposure to potentially hazardous body fluids".