Wiki Bankart Repair w/acromioplasty

Best answers
Good afternoon Listers,

Does anyone know where I could find information on when you can bill 29806 with 29826-59? My understanding is that 29826 is billable as long as bone decompression is performed. I am trying to appeal a WC rejection. I appreciate any help I can get. I've recently been assigned to work claim denials:eek: Thanks!!

Good afternoon Listers,

Does anyone know where I could find information on when you can bill 29806 with 29826-59? My understanding is that 29826 is billable as long as bone decompression is performed. I am trying to appeal a WC rejection. I appreciate any help I can get. I've recently been assigned to work claim denials:eek: Thanks!!

You don't need the 59 modiifer just the 51. AAOS CodeX edit file specifically states that you CAN report 29826 with 29806. Do you have? If not give me your fax # and I will fax to you. Also check the CMS website NCCI edits/ I'm sure it's NOT bundled. Good luck..

Thanks for your reply. I will check both out and use for my appeal. Hopefully they will accept this explanation and reverse their decision. Have a good weekend and again thanks for your help!!