Wiki average charges coded per day by a coder

Best answers
Our group has around 11 locations and over 100 providers between Drs/Crnas with 2 large hospitals to provide anesthesia to. There are 2 people in our office that get the charges ready and coded for input, what is the daily coding requirements for anesthesia coders?

When I was coding anesthesia I would average around 3 to 4 hundred cases a day.
I think the most I ever did in one day was 600.
I worked for an anesthesia billing service and I had others doing demographic entry that was not already in the system. I was just coding the dx/cpt and modifiers.

Productivity

Even at coding 300 per day breaks down to spending less than two minutes per case which is kind of scary since details must be observed unless of course you are only flipping codes for a couple of body areas. The average that I have seen, which included auditing the record, was about 25/hr. This of course does not include the coder doing charge entry. Also, if this is a teaching facility, it may be a little less production wise. If all the coder is doing is coding off of a face sheet, then I would say that 35/hr is realistic unless they are an apprentice. Hope this helps.

What about other specialties?

What is the average per day charges audited, CPT coded, ICD 9 coded & charges posted for physicians on an internal medicine inpatient unit?
on a Medical Intensive Care Unit?