Wiki Auditing/ROS

Determined1

Contributor
Best answers
I am new at the Auditing thang (little fun slang there...sorry :)), anyway I have NO idea if I am doing it correctly or not. I have had ZERO training in Auditing. My boss just said, "here is the tool Tammy (the previous coder) use to use. I want these done weekly or bi-weekly on providers randomly." The last "audit" I did, the provider did not have a specific ROS so her codes needed to be downcoded (is that the correct word? I told you I was new at this :)) After her review she said her ROS was in the dictation, like if she said "headache" I was to count that as psych. Is this accurate? Can anyone help me out with a resource I can use to ask questions or teach myself how to audit. I know this would be a great thing to add to my resume but I want to be sure I am doing it correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Do you use 1995 or 1997 E&M guidelines? The Novitas audit tool and the Marshfield audit tool are both really common tools for accurate E&M scoring/auditing. I would look into those.

Also, I'm assuming that the provider was referring to their ROS being in the HPI, which you can pull from to get your ROS components. As far as headache being pulled for the psych body system, I would personally consider it neuro.

Hope that helps!