Wiki Attempted hardware removal

eroopcpc

New
Best answers
Would CPT 20680 with modifier 52 be applicable for the below senario?

Op note reads:

"I made a small longitudinal incision in the distal most aspect of the previous incision around 2cm in length. We did blunt dissection to the overlying scar tissue, so we located the most anterior screw and we placed K-wire and screw. We placed the screwdriver near the K-wire. I verified overall alignment of the screwdriver with the screw with fluoroscopy. I then attempted to back the scew out. The screw head did snap off the screw leaving the remainder of the screw into the medial malleolus. I palpated the area, the screw remnants appeared will seated within the bone and verified this withh fluoroscopy. I elected not to remove this. We then repeated the procedure with the second screw and got the same result. The screw head did pop off due to the metal torque I had put on the screw to get it out of the bone. We also left this. I palpated the area, verified, it was fixed in subcortical in the left. I then irrigated the wound out, closed with nylon sutures, and placed in a soft dressing."

Thanks.