Wiki Attempted Cystoscopy

KaylaRieken

True Blue
Best answers
Op Report reads like this:

He was identified and informed consent was obtained and brought to the procedure room and placed supine. He was given local urethral Xylocaine gel and a routine prep and drape was completed. A flexible scope was then lubricated and attempted to be inserted in the meatus, which appeared quite stenotic. I was unable to pass the scope through the stenotic meatus and it was a bit uncomfortable with any further attempts, so ultimately the procedure was aborted today.

Would I code this as 52000.52?

Attempted Cysto

Yes, that is what I use in our ASC - I bill both facility & professional fees. Our system gives me the opportunity to add a “line note” to the charge where I can state “doctor unable to advance scope into bladder” as the reason for modifying with -52. Hope this helps!

Yes, that is what I use in our ASC - I bill both facility & professional fees. Our system gives me the opportunity to add a “line note” to the charge where I can state “doctor unable to advance scope into bladder” as the reason for modifying with -52. Hope this helps!

I agree.