Wiki Asc ub04

mssalemny

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone bill UB 04's for an ASC? We are getting denials for Cigna for attending provider entity number ? We have tried the NPI and the tax ID both have denied. I tried calling their EDI department and could not get through after being transferred 5 times to ask about formatting the UB04. Our practice management software does not have much experience with UB's. Any ideas? This would be the information in either BOX 76 or 77 on the ub.

Thanks

Does anyone bill UB 04's for an ASC? We are getting denials for Cigna for attending provider entity number ? We have tried the NPI and the tax ID both have denied. I tried calling their EDI department and could not get through after being transferred 5 times to ask about formatting the UB04. Our practice management software does not have much experience with UB's. Any ideas? This would be the information in either BOX 76 or 77 on the ub.

Thanks

Did you manage to find out what the issue is? We are just starting to bill for an ASC, and Cigna is the only insurance they bill with. Any help would be appreciated. So many examples contradict which fields are required and what goes in those fields. :(

Thank you

Thanks

We bill Cigna on a UB 04 for our ASC all the time. I don't think I've ever received that denial. I pulled up a claim that was recently paid without issue. Here's the info on our claim:

Box 76 Attending = facility NPI, then after Qual there's an empty box (small box), and then it lists the rendering provider's Medicare UPIN #
Last and First name of rendering provider are below that.
Box 77 is blank.

Hope that helps.