Wiki Asc coder average salary

serfort

New
Best answers
Attention ASC coders, looking for an idea what the average salary for an ASC coder is. We are looking at a potential ASC and will need to hire an experienced ASC coder, but need a salary idea.

thanks

ASC salary

That would depend on the experience and location. I have coded for ASC several years and I live outside St. Louis but I would not start any lower then 15-17 an hour depending on the distance, but where I live the cost of living is lower then most regions.

Don't know if this is any help:)

I code ASC remotely and I get paid $7.50 per chart and can do usually 9-10 charts per hour. ASC coders (especially certified CASCC ones) don't make less than $28 per hour in a facility. Some of us ASC coders are negotiable when it comes to hourly/per chart rate (especially those who don't code it 8 hours per day)

I am sorry, but $17 is very low no matter where you are located. ASC has way more in detail when it comes to coding those type of cases (facility coding to profee insurances) plus drugs, sedation,supplies etc than just normal profee coding.

***Coding companies out there such as The Coding Network (TCN) charges $12.00 per chart for ASC/Outpatient Facility***

I code ASC remotely and I get paid $7.50 per chart and can do usually 9-10 charts per hour. ASC coders (especially certified CASCC ones) don't make less than $28 per hour in a facility. Some of us ASC coders are negotiable when it comes to hourly/per chart rate (especially those who don't code it 8 hours per day)

I am sorry, but $17 is very low no matter where you are located. ASC has way more in detail when it comes to coding those type of cases (facility coding to profee insurances) plus drugs, sedation,supplies etc than just normal profee coding.

***Coding companies out there such as The Coding Network (TCN) charges $12.00 per chart for ASC/Outpatient Facility***

Kandy,
interesting what type of surgeries do you code?