Wiki ASC Books/Reference Information

stephpg33

Best answers
Our facility performs a lot of ortho cases (knee's & shoulder's), ENT, Foot & Ankle, Urology and Spine Stimulators/Injections. We also perform cataracts. Are there any recommendations for reference materials? We have the ASCExpert internet access subscription, but even then I am not always clear. All the ortho guys note chondroplasty for the knee and various shoulder debridements with rotator cuff repair and subacromial decompressions and etc... Urology is also tricky. Sometimes I worry I under code for fear of over coding and I want my ASC to be properly reimbursed. I am fairly new and would appreciate good reference material. I am solo for billing/coding and I have limited time to access the internet; I often ask the offices but would really like to bounce q&a off other ASC coders/billers.:)

Coding Companion is good I used mine a lot for Ophthalmology. Coders Desk Reference - Procedures gives great descriptions of CPT codes. and AAOS is a must for Orthro cases. It is an expense set of two books but well worth the money.

Hi,
Our facility is a multi-specialty and have alot of ORTHO

Complete Global Servic Data books for Ortho
Coding Companion books
Manual of Ortho Terminology,6th edition is good but have not seen a newer edition
Atlas of Human Anatomy

Hope that helps!