Wiki Arthrscopic distal clavicle ORIF

Best answers
Good afternoon Listers,

I wanted to get a coding opinion. Surgeon peformed an arthroscopic distal clavicle ORIF. I've read the OP note twice and it appears that everything was done arthroscopically. Since there isn't an arthroscopic code for this, I was going to bill as unlisted, 29999, and use code 23515 "Open treatment of clavicular fracture, includes internal fixation, when performed" as the comparable code/explanation. Has anyone else run into a situation like this and did you get paid? Insurance is a commercial carrier.

Thanks!

Good afternoon Listers,

I wanted to get a coding opinion. Surgeon peformed an arthroscopic distal clavicle ORIF. I've read the OP note twice and it appears that everything was done arthroscopically. Since there isn't an arthroscopic code for this, I was going to bill as unlisted, 29999, and use code 23515 "Open treatment of clavicular fracture, includes internal fixation, when performed" as the comparable code/explanation. Has anyone else run into a situation like this and did you get paid? Insurance is a commercial carrier.

Thanks!

No...but I think your codes are correct..