Wiki Arthroscopic rtc repair

Best answers
I have a doctor quesioning whether or not he can bill 29827 for each tendon repaired. He is reparing the supraspinatus, subscapularis, and the infraspinatus all through the same portal. Thoughts?????

I would say no. Needs to be through separate incisions/portal. I have a surg that does very extensive shoulder surgeries and likes to bill the additional debridement but most times he is not indicating he made a separate incision. So in turn I only bill the other thre or four procedures I can clearly tell have been done through separate portals. If I am wrong someone please let me know on the 29827 with one portal. thanks.

Kelsey, CPC

I have a doctor quesioning whether or not he can bill 29827 for each tendon repaired. He is reparing the supraspinatus, subscapularis, and the infraspinatus all through the same portal. Thoughts?????

No matter how many tendons are reapired 29827 can only be reported 1 time. There's a good CPT Assistant article on this...send me your email and I'll send..yoy can show your doc.