Wiki Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair x2

Best answers
Does anyone know if you are able to bill out 2- 29827's for the SAME shoulder??

I have come across someone that does this. Their reason for billing out 2........one is for anterior and other posterior.
It is my understanding that there are 4 rotator cuff tendons that work together to hold the head of the humerus in the glenoid cavity. When the physician performs a rotator cuff repair, he makes small poke hold incisions AROUND the shoulder for the instruments to be inserted.
So since the physician will do this, isn't that indicating already that it will be anterior and posterior??
I just want a lil clarification on this. To me it just doesnt seem OK to code 2x 29827, only with the exception that its performed bilaterally.

No stoner...lol :D , you can't bill that twice on the same shoulder. I agree with you about bilateral, but not on the same side.
;)

shoulder arthroscopy

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt while coding for rotator cuff repair. The surgeon performed RCF Repair, debridement, distal claviculectomy, synovectomy, bursectomy, anchors used as an implant, intrascalene nerve block with ultrasonic guidance. Please help me what are the codes and modifiers for all these procedures.

Also, is there any site where we can see whether the particular procedure codes are bundled in the primary procedure code or not? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Skr.