Would like to see if other ortho's would code this surgical procedure as:
CPT 29881
CPT 29874

Brief op note:
Procedures: Arthroscopy left knee
Chondroplasty patella, femoral trochlea, medial femoral condyle, medial
tibial plateau, lateral tibial plateau
Partial lateral menisectomy

.....Two portals made, infrapatellar , one medial and one lateral.....Patellpofemoral had
chondromalacia on patella and femoral trochlea. .....trimmed down to good cartilage bed....Medial joint line had gross chondromalacia changes, actually had loose cartilage floating around which was debrided, flap tears taken down, and evidence of eburnated boneon both medial tib plateau and femoral condyle......Lateral joint line had complex tear inner border meniscus that was trimmed with shaver to good peripheral rim.

I know I can't code CPT 29877, but can CPT 29874 be used for the loose cartilage and flap tears that were debrided and taken down. 29874 references "chondral fragmentation"
per AMA.

Would like to see if other ortho's would code this surgical procedure as:
CPT 29881
CPT 29874

Brief op note:
Procedures: Arthroscopy left knee
Chondroplasty patella, femoral trochlea, medial femoral condyle, medial
tibial plateau, lateral tibial plateau
Partial lateral menisectomy

.....Two portals made, infrapatellar , one medial and one lateral.....Patellpofemoral had
chondromalacia on patella and femoral trochlea. .....trimmed down to good cartilage bed....Medial joint line had gross chondromalacia changes, actually had loose cartilage floating around which was debrided, flap tears taken down, and evidence of eburnated boneon both medial tib plateau and femoral condyle......Lateral joint line had complex tear inner border meniscus that was trimmed with shaver to good peripheral rim.

I know I can't code CPT 29877, but can CPT 29874 be used for the loose cartilage and flap tears that were debrided and taken down. 29874 references "chondral fragmentation"
per AMA.

I think it's a stretch..I would not. Sounds like a debridement.