Wiki Arthroscopic Help

Best answers
My docter performed an arthroscopic medial & lateral meniscectomy which he coded 29880. Would procedure 29880 included medial & lateral chondroplasty? I know the description includes meniscal shaving in 29880 but I was wondering if I could code seperate for chondroplasty 29877?

Partial Operative description: There was noted to be a surrounding area of grade 4 chondromalacia on the distal and posterior medial femoral condyle. I used a series of biters and a shaver to debride back the meniscus and cartilage to a stable base. The ACL was probed. It looked like there was old degenerative partial tearing. I debrided all this away with a shaver. Interstingly there was grade 4 chondromalacia noted on the lateral tibial plateau as well as a section of the far lateral lateral femoral ondyle. I debrided away any loose pieces of cartilage with a shaver. I debrided back the meniscus to a stable base.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The Chondroplasty is reportable separately as long as it was performed in a separate compartment than the menisectomy. If so, check with your carrier because they may require you to use G0289 instead of the 29877.