Wiki Aortic Fenastration

kwillard

Best answers
I was wondering if anyone had heard of Aortic Fenestrastion? I have a patient w/descending thoracic & abdominal aortic dissection resulting in occulusion of bil iliac arteries w/poor perfusion to both lower extremities.
Using US/CT guidance Glide-wire & glide-catheter combination is used, both lumens were connected. The catheter is then advanced into the distal abdominal aorta, then the lt common femoral artery which is advanced into the lt ilaic artery and lt common ilaic artery. A 22 guage needle was then advanced through a long 6-French sheath and AORTIC FENESTRATION is performed via the lt common ilaic artery sheath and the needle is advanced into the distal abdominal aorta. The needle is removed through the 4-French catheter a glidewire is advanced into the aorta. The catheter is carefully then advanced into the aorta & distal abdominal aortograms are obtained from the lt side. Angioplasty of this FENESTRATED portion of the air is then performed initially w/an 8mm balloon followed by a 10mm balloon.

At this point other procedures were performed, it is just the above I am having trouble finding codes for.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kathryn M. Willard, CPC