Wiki Anyone have Advice for Hydro Dissection

micki127

Guru
Best answers
Hi,

Can someone please review this procedure and suggest a CPT code? I am leaning towards unlisted 17999 (unlisted procedure, skin, mucous, membrane, and subcutaneous tissue? Thanks in advance!

Symptoms: abdominal pain due to scar tissue adhesions.

Hydrodissection of scar tissue, right abdomen: ultrasound-guided injection using a GE Venue GO ultrasound machine. Prior to starting the procedure, the target was identified with ultrasound. The skin was cleaned with Betadine and alcohol. Using a 22-gauge, 1-1/2 inch needle, an injectate made of 8 mL of sterile saline and 4 mL of lidocaine 1% was injected above and below the area that was hyperechoic on ultrasound with good visual separation of the scar tissue from the muscle belly

Hi,

Can someone please review this procedure and suggest a CPT code? I am leaning towards unlisted 17999 (unlisted procedure, skin, mucous, membrane, and subcutaneous tissue? Thanks in advance!

Symptoms: abdominal pain due to scar tissue adhesions.

Hydrodissection of scar tissue, right abdomen: ultrasound-guided injection using a GE Venue GO ultrasound machine. Prior to starting the procedure, the target was identified with ultrasound. The skin was cleaned with Betadine and alcohol. Using a 22-gauge, 1-1/2 inch needle, an injectate made of 8 mL of sterile saline and 4 mL of lidocaine 1% was injected above and below the area that was hyperechoic on ultrasound with good visual separation of the scar tissue from the muscle belly
Did you receive any feedback on this question?

Hi Annette,

No I have not received any responses yet. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thank you:)