Wiki Any Departement of Defence Coders?

I used to work at a MTF until they consolidated the 63 AFB into 9 for coding and I was laid off. It is a contracted position.

For a federal position, USA jobs they are usually listed as medical records technician. Contracting is a good way to make money but unstable as different contractors promise different things and not all honor prior salaries. Most advertise on Indeed, just search for the base name or area and you should find different contracting companies or consulting groups looking to hire. Beware some companies do not actually have the contract and will advertise for open positions but there is no work, so ask to see if they were in fact awarded the contract.

FYI-Sterling Medical has been looking for one for Wright-Patt, they had contacted me but I will not move to Ohio...also that's a contract. It is better to go thru USA Jobs to get one, every year I sweated in Sept hoping the new contracting company would keep me (even though they may have bidded and we were told that it was a five year contract it never was, the longest one was 3 years, cheaper bids would undercut the current contract) as they tended to bring on their own coders unless the MTF requested the current one to stay, which I was there 10 years.