Wiki Anthem

Pkirsch1

Networker
Best answers
Hi,
I'm getting letters from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of CT saying our TAX ID is not on file, and it is. Can someone please help me with this?
I've gotten several letters asking for our W9. Is this because Anthem is now Carelon? Does this have to do with the payer id?

Thank you

When I worked in billing, this was a routine request that we received periodically from certain payers. Some payers want t have a current W-9 for tax reporting purposes and will request a new one ever year or so. I don't know why some do this and others don't, but we would just go ahead and send them a copy of it and never had any further issues.

Last edited:
Anthem is the worst!!! We get numerous denials a week with that nonsense....that and saying we are out of network - which is not the case. Such a headache!

i have been getting denial from blues for no authorizatio on file , and we clearly have valid auth's from Carelon, one eob i had43 denials i had to send back on the pear portal

Hi,
I'm getting letters from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of CT saying our TAX ID is not on file, and it is. Can someone please help me with this?
I've gotten several letters asking for our W9. Is this because Anthem is now Carelon? Does this have to do with the payer id?

Thank you
Hi Anthem Blue Cross will request a W9 yearly for each provider.
I hope this helps,
Donna