Wiki Angiograms I need some Help ASAP

tanisha83

Contributor
Best answers
Hello My Fellow Coders:

Happy Turkey Day!!!:) My practice now has a doctor who does angiograms/cervicocerebral arch angiography codes 36215-36218 and S&I codes 75650-75774. I am so confused on this type of coding. I don't know nothing about the cardiology system what so ever because I am a neurosurgery coder. I need help, advice, resources, and tips. I just need help because i am very overwhelmed. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Tanisha

Hello My Fellow Coders:

Happy Turkey Day!!!:) My practice now has a doctor who does angiograms/cervicocerebral arch angiography codes 36215-36218 and S&I codes 75650-75774. I am so confused on this type of coding. I don't know nothing about the cardiology system what so ever because I am a neurosurgery coder. I need help, advice, resources, and tips. I just need help because i am very overwhelmed. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Tanisha

Tanisha,
The answer to your question is not easy. Interventional coding is too complex to teach in this forum. Specific examples may be addressed if you post them.
There are several companies that have training resources, and publications, that I have found invaluable. Zhealth Publishing is one, Medical Asset Management is another (located in Atlanta). Their charts and books are worth every penny.

HTH :)

Tanisha,
The answer to your question is not easy. Interventional coding is too complex to teach in this forum. Specific examples may be addressed if you post them.
There are several companies that have training resources, and publications, that I have found invaluable. Zhealth Publishing is one, Medical Asset Management is another (located in Atlanta). Their charts and books are worth every penny.

HTH :)

And before you learn it, it's going to change!
Head and neck angiography coding is completely changed for 2013.

Thank you so much for all the informative information. I am putting my resources into good use and I am also signed up for classes.