Wiki Angio for Mynx grip deployment

hwilcox07

Networker
Best answers
Can I bill a 75710 if it was performed for Mynx grip deployment only during an embolization? I've always thought you cannot bill it but my doc wants confirmation. This is how it reads in report:

RIGHT INGUINAL ANGIOGRAPHY: Study demonstrates normal appearance to external iliac and common femoral arteries. Sufficient for Mynx grip. Mynx grip was deployed. Orders written. No evidence of immediate post procedure complication.

Thanks

Can I bill a 75710 if it was performed for Mynx grip deployment only during an embolization? I've always thought you cannot bill it but my doc wants confirmation. This is how it reads in report:

RIGHT INGUINAL ANGIOGRAPHY: Study demonstrates normal appearance to external iliac and common femoral arteries. Sufficient for Mynx grip. Mynx grip was deployed. Orders written. No evidence of immediate post procedure complication.

Thanks

This is from Z-health Publishing, pg.177 of Diagonstic and Interventional Cardiovascular Coding Reference;

The CMS created HCPCS Level II codes G0269 to describe the use of a closure device to assist in hemostasis for percutaneous vascular diagnostic and interventional studies. Many procedures now bundle closure device placement, Code G0269 includes any angiography performed for evaluation of the vascular site (to determine suitability of the vessel for device placement). Skin or puncture site bandages and externally applied pressure devices do not qualify for use of code G0269. Code G0269 is typically not utilized for physician billing since there is no separate payment.

HTH,
Jim Pawloski, MSA, CIRCC, R.T. (R)(CV)