Wiki Anesthesia code for facet injection

JERSEYSHORE

Best answers
What is the correct anesthesia code for 64490 -- 64495, in 2011 crosswalk indicates anesthesia care not typically required, there is no anesthesia code. Would you use unlisted anesthesia code 01999?

anesthesia for facet

I had heard since image guidance is now included in the descriptor to use 01936, I use to use 01992

I do not see where it states to use 01936, in my anesthesia crosswalk book it does not give any reference to use 01936, just states: anesthesia not typically required, there is no anesthesia code??? Do not have many pts' having facet injection in hospital setting, but when there is not sure which anesthesia code to use. There are several ins carriers that do not allow anesthesia for several injections /facet injections is one of them. I'm in NJ so may vary from state to state

It cannot be local/mac
No such thing exists.
It is either local or monitored anesthesia care (mac)
If you are talking about monitored con sedation, there is a code for that but no one pays it.
If it's local it's bundled.
If it's truly mac then the anesthesiologist or the crna is going to bill it out separately.
The code for the mac would be 01936

actually you should use 01991 or 01992 depending on the position of the patient. the code description specifically states that it's for injections, and it's the only one for injections.