Wiki Anesthesia billing - Michigan

sbarrila

Best answers
I was wondering if anyone who does Anesthesia billing for a Michigan provider could let me know if pre-auth is required for the major payers. We will be billing for Anesthesia for an ASC in a few months and I am trying to determine what type of information is required. If you have any other helpful tips that would be appreciated also. Thank you .

i am not from the michigan area but came across your post, typically anesthesia DOES NOT require prior auth. Since the anesthesiologist/crna doesnt see the patient until day of surgery. I realize that you work for ASC but im sure this applies no matter what type of center/hospital.

i hope my answer helps

Thank you for your reply. I know that we will bill Medicare with a HCFA-1500 but was wondering if you bill your other carriers with a UB? If you can think of any other helpful tips it would be greatly appreciated.

you are very welcome, and we submit all our claims on cms1500 forms, because we are a physican based practice, but i am aware that the actual centers bill with ub92. hope this helps! good luck with everything :)