Wiki amputed finger

JYSPA

Networker
Best answers
Can someone help me with this. I was thinking of CPT 13131 but that's not right and none of the orthopedic codes seem right:

Two views of her left hand show soft tissue amputation of 1cm at the distal tip of the 5th finger of the left hand. No bony involvement.
Patient sustained an amputation of her distal finger tip of her 5th finger of her left hand. Due to the almost atraumatic amputation with very sharp edges and perforate, I recommended the biologic dressing version with reimplantation of the tip. The parents agreed with that.
After informed consent was obtained, we used fentanyl intranasally and a finger block. We were not able to do conscious sedation due to the fact that she ate about 45 minutes ago. I injected 1% lidocaine as a digital block, and then after copiously irrigating and cleaning both the finger and the amputate, I sewed this back into place, making sure to tuck the nail back into its nail bed. Afterward the wound was dressed with Xeroform gauze and Webril. A bulky splint was placed to protect the wound.

Thank you.