Wiki Ambitious Hard Working CPC-A

Best answers
Hello I am a very ambitious hard working team player who is looking for medical coding work. I have 10 plus years in the medical field (admitting) and I am a self starter. I have attached a copy of my resume for your review. Please email me at nichae2000@yahoo.com if you need more information.

Nicole L. Tate, CPC
1342 James Street  Baltimore, MD 21229  (443) 435-3738  nichae2000@yahoo.com

More than ten years experience in healthcare and support with recognized strengths in problem solving and trouble shooting , staff support, planning and implementing proactive procedures within the department. Excellent working knowledge of medical terminology and in using Inpatient Registration Systems. Process patient registrations, performs accurate in office and bedside interviews with patients and patient representatives, completes decedant affairs paperwork, upholds professional and tactful manner during stressful events. Can work independently and as a team player. Accustomed to handling sensitive, confidential records. Flexible and versatile – able to maintain a sense of humor under pressure and has demonstrated the ability to multi-task under adverse situations. Excellent customer service skills.
Employment History

-JOHNS HOPKINS SODEXO / BALTIMORE, MD
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT -2007 TO PRESENT
 Prepare internal and external correspondence and proposals for clients.
 Provide assistance to staff to assure that events are setup accurately and in a timely matter.
 Assist with audits for sales to ensure proper payment.
 Provide customer service to all clients internal and external.

- JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL/ BALTIMORE, MD
PATIENT SERVICE COORDINATOR-2001-PRESENT

 Maintain accurate information to ensure patient safety and identification.
 Proficient in medical terminology as well as various inpatient hospital bed management duties including inpatient computer applications to process admissions, processing death work and hospital to hospital transfer admissions.
 Handles non-medical services relating to expediting patient admissions
 Quickly and effectively solve customer challenges.

-CITIZENS PLANNING AND HOUSING ASSOCIATION/ BALTIMORE, MD
1998-2001 YOUTH ORGANIZER
 Assisted with planning of youth projects and community functions.
 Facilitated meetings and various events for youth.
 Utilize organizational and office skills to create documentation and organize data.
 Served as liason between the public and the office to communicate events and issues.
Education
AAPC (American Assoc. Professional Coders) –Baltimore, MD AUGUST 2012
Certified Professional Coder, 2012
Baltimore City Community College- Baltimore, MD 1997-1999, 2011
Distinguished Scholar, 1998
MARYLAND CENTER FOR ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY – BALTIMORE, MD
Certificate in Healthcare Administration: Specialized in healthcare services and computer training, 2001
CARVER VOCATIONAL TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL – BALTIMORE , MD
High School Diploma, 1997