Wiki ALF billing

mojisola

Contributor
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
My provider gets lots of calls from caregivers at ALF regarding pt care for which she has to either change medication dosage or give other care instruction.
This takes a lot of her time is there a way to bill for this without a pt face to face> I was thinking CCM.

My provider gets lots of calls from caregivers at ALF regarding pt care for which she has to either change medication dosage or give other care instruction.
This takes a lot of her time is there a way to bill for this without a pt face to face> I was thinking CCM.

CCM Might work, however you have to follow strict billing guidelines for CCM and ensure the provider is aware that CCM is per patient. You might* (and I say might because you never know what the coverage or reimbursement will be) you can use :

99358 Prolonged evaluation and management service before and/or after direct patient care; first hour
99359 Prolonged evaluation and management service before and/or after direct patient care; each additional 30 minutes (List separately in addition to code for prolonged service)

It would all depend on what was documented and what they were doing. You might want to look into the guidelines and see if that could be something that is applicable.