Wiki Alchohol Injection and drainage catheter

drobinson1

Networker
Best answers
Can someone please help me? I am so confused. I was thinking 76080/49424 but I dont know about the alcohol injection. The report reads:

After obtaining informed consent the patient was placed on the angiography table in a supine position. Scout imaging of her abdomen demonstrates bilateral upper abdominal drainage catheters, which were placed in large hepatic cyst.

Contrast was injected into the right-sided tube, which demonstrated approximately 40cc residual cavity. No communication with biliary or bowel structures was identified. Given the size and current drainage from this catheter, sclerosis was repeated by injecting 40cc of 100% denatured alcohol. The patient was kept in the recovery area, and place in multiple positions to disperse the alcohol throughout the cyst cavity. After one hour the catheter was reattached to external drainage.

Last edited:
i'm thinking either an unlisted or maybe 20500 (A physician injects a sinus tract (a canal or passage leading to an abscess) with a therapeutic agent such as Betadine, to act as a chemical irritant or antibiotic to clear the infection in an abscess or a cyst. X-rays are reported separately.)