Wiki AICD device check denials

jazzyblues2005

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone else have an abnormally high amount of denials for cpt codes 93282-93284, 93289, and 93295 for diagnosis codes due to medical necessity? It seems like every time I turn around there's a new one to deal with. What diagnosis do you use most commonly? I know V45.02 is common. I had avoided it due to it not being marked as a primary code in the ICD-9 book, but this seems to be one that is paid. I know not to code to get paid, but this is frustrating.

AICD check denials

Does anyone else have an abnormally high amount of denials for cpt codes 93282-93284, 93289, and 93295 for diagnosis codes due to medical necessity? It seems like every time I turn around there's a new one to deal with. What diagnosis do you use most commonly? I know V45.02 is common. I had avoided it due to it not being marked as a primary code in the ICD-9 book, but this seems to be one that is paid. I know not to code to get paid, but this is frustrating.

IICD usually use V53.32 along with the diagnosis code for why the patient had the device.