Wiki Ahima

Best answers
Certified since 2002. Question why do the majority of jobs posted require AHIMA certification and my dues keep going up..................

In what settings are these jobs requesting AHIMA certification? For physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers and free standing clinics, I find that AAPC credentials are the most requested. In fact, you only occassionally find physician practice job postings that even mention the CCS-P.

Ask Questions

You may be by chance viewing jobs in the same capacity I am. I am the medical records supervisor and code AXIS I diagnosis in a psychiatric partial hospitalization program. There are smaller facilities that require staff do multiple jobs. I would ask. I used to work at a medical job placement business-ask questions. You may even walk your way into a position. You learn and network at the same time!

Certified since 2002. Question why do the majority of jobs posted require AHIMA certification and my dues keep going up..................

Regarding dues - isn't this year the first time in quite awhile that dues went up?

Regarding AHIMA - I recently interviewed for a position that wants both AAPC and AHIMA. I found that interesting...that they would require AHIMA CCS-P even with all of my AAPC credentials. I am not going to get another credential that I don't need. I think my cuurent credentials speak for themselves and for my knowledge and experience.