Wiki Acromioplasty?

richelle25

Guru
Best answers
For some reason, I am having a difficult time comprehending shoulder surgeries, was hoping somebody can verify if this surgery is correct for the codes 23120 and 23130...

The deltoid and trapezius wre split at the distal end of the clavicle and 1cm of the clavicle was resected. The end of the clavicle was smoothed up and rounded off using a rngeur. The deltoid was released off the acromion latterally and split a short distance. the inferior half of the anterior acromion ws resected using a saw. Thick bursal tissue was freed up in teh subacromial space and resected using scissors. There were no tears of the rotator cuff. The wound was irrigated. The deltoid and trapezius were repaired medially and deltoid back to the acromion laterally.

Thank you for any help!
Sherry

Shoulders

I think shoulders are very complicated as well. I found a good article by AAOS that discusses the different areas of the shoulder (much the same as the compartments of the knee) and it helped me alot. The 3 areas of the shoulder are the glenohumeral, Acromioclavicular joint and the subacromial bursal space. Procedures performed in separate areas of the shoulder should be treated separately unless a more complicated procedure is performed in that same area. This has helped me a lot.