Wiki Acl

PLAIDMAN

Best answers
my doc did arthroscopic debridement of cyclops lesion on the ACL, in addition to chondroplasty of the patella. Is the ACL in a "compartment" ? I dont know if I am going to get away with charging for both?

I know aaos recommends 29999 unslisted for debridement of cyclops lesion, so that makes me think it is not in the patellofemoral compartment??

Any help would be helpful!

my doc did arthroscopic debridement of cyclops lesion on the ACL, in addition to chondroplasty of the patella. Is the ACL in a "compartment" ? I dont know if I am going to get away with charging for both?

I know aaos recommends 29999 unslisted for debridement of cyclops lesion, so that makes me think it is not in the patellofemoral compartment??

Any help would be helpful!

ACL is in the 'notch' of the knee. But for coding purposes it is considered part of the pateelofemoral compartment. Since you did a chondroplasty (29877) of the patella + cyclops lesion of ACL I would go with 29877 as they would bundle and the 29999 cyclops lesion is a pain to get paid at times..

that is what I was thinking ........then I let other people make question myself

THANKS!