Wiki Acl - Physician performed synovectomy

amartinez1

Best answers
Physician performed synovectomy in MC, LC, Patella
Chonroplasty in Patella
Menisectomy in Lateral Comp
ACL reconstruction

I want to make sure I am on the right track with this knee surgery I don't find any documentation that you can not code the chondroplasty with the ACL. I have coded it as:

29888, 29881-51, 29875-51, G0289.

Any help please not sure if I should code the G0289 or the 29877?

Can you post OP and what insurance this is? If you post the OP report I should be able to help you more. We do those here in WA. :)

Kelsey, CPC

The Op Report is lengthy so I am posting the basic points.

Positive findings include a significant amount of synovitis in the patellofemoral joint and medial and lateral compartments and a synovectomy was performed in all these areas. There was mild grade 2 chondromalacia of the intercondylar groove and chonroplasty was performed in this area. Entering the lateral compartment there was a degenrative tear in the deep posterior horn of the lateral meniscus and partial lateral menisectomy was performed out to a stable border. Entering the intercondylar notch a complete full thickness ACL tear was found and this was debrided using a 4.5mm shaver to remove the remnants of the ACL. Nothcplasty was performed using a high speed bur to open up the intercondylar notch for the ACL graft into the posterior position. Arhtocope and instrumentation were reintroduced and removed from the knee and the bone patella bone tendon graft was harvested in the usual fashion.
The remaining of OP Report goes into description of the graft and ACL repair.
I want to make sure I am on the right track with this knee surgery I don't find any documentation that you can not code the chondroplasty with the ACL. I have coded it as:

29888, 29881-51, 29875-51, G0289.

Any help please not sure if I should code the G0289 or the 29877?