Wiki ACDF codes 63075 and 22554 (New coder please help)

Best answers
Good Morning,

Our practice has been using these codes for one level ACDF
63075 :Discectomy, anterior, with decompression of spinal cord and/or nerve root(s),including osteophytectomy; cervical,single interspace.

22554: Arthodesis ,anterior interbody technique,including minimal discectomy to prepare interspace(other than for decompression);cervical below C2.

CPT 2011 states that they cannot be billed together, our physician has doubts, I wanted to make sure that these codes cannot be combined together. Please give me some advice..

Thank You.

Good Morning,

Our practice has been using these codes for one level ACDF
63075 :Discectomy, anterior, with decompression of spinal cord and/or nerve root(s),including osteophytectomy; cervical,single interspace.

22554: Arthodesis ,anterior interbody technique,including minimal discectomy to prepare interspace(other than for decompression);cervical below C2.

CPT 2011 states that they cannot be billed together, our physician has doubts, I wanted to make sure that these codes cannot be combined together. Please give me some advice..

Thank You.

That is correct. 22551/22552 have replaced 63075/22554. CPT is very clear about this... you should not report 63075/22554 when performing an anterior cervical discectomy and interbody fusion at the same level. You could report 63075 and 22554 if the discectomy and fusion were performed at different levels.