Wiki accidental laceration repair

bench

Networker
Best answers
Hi Fellows,

I just want to get your advise regarding a procedure. We had a laparoscopic surgery and upon inserting the veress needle one of the vascular structure got lacerated. After the laparoscopic procedure was done and all incisions were closed, another surgeon came in to repair the vascular laceration open procedure and also did a peritoneal exploration. My question is, would you still code for the laceration repair and peritoneal exploration or this are inclusives.

Thanks, appreciate it.

What type of insurace does the patient have? I've noticed a trend in payer denials when "services/procedures" billed are in result from an accident that happened during the orginal procedure?
:eek:

Hi Fellows,

I just want to get your advise regarding a procedure. We had a laparoscopic surgery and upon inserting the veress needle one of the vascular structure got lacerated. After the laparoscopic procedure was done and all incisions were closed, another surgeon came in to repair the vascular laceration open procedure and also did a peritoneal exploration. My question is, would you still code for the laceration repair and peritoneal exploration or this are inclusives.

Thanks, appreciate it.

absolutely inclusive!