Wiki AAPC Job Board -- Application issues?

Best answers
Updated -- please see below -- 5/17/24:

Has anyone seen any questionable processes when applying on the AAPC Job site?

Example: I recently tried to apply for a position posted by NorthPoint Search Group Inc. The "Apply" link from AAPC site connected me with multiple "recruiting" sites, bots, etc. But none appear to have received my information and are now sending me tons of random job emails. I found a phone number for NorthPoint but no one answers or returns calls. I also see similar job on other sites but with different on-site locations which is a big deal. I plan to call AAPC customer service but thought I would ask here first. Thanks for any info!

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any questionable processes when applying on the AAPC Job site?

Example: I recently tried to apply for a position posted by NorthPoint Search Group Inc. The "Apply" link from AAPC site connected me with multiple "recruiting" sites, bots, etc. But none appear to have received my information and are now sending me tons of random job emails. I found a phone number for NorthPoint but no one answers or returns calls. I also see similar job on other sites but with different on-site locations which is a big deal. I plan to call AAPC customer service but thought I would ask here first. Thanks for any info!

NorthPoint Search Group is a staffing firm. When I look directly at their website, it looks like they have you consent to receive SMS messages before you can view jobs. https://www.northpointsearchgroup.com/home

It must just be that staffing agency's policy. That being said, it would probably keep me from applying for jobs through that group. I wouldn't like it either. Sorry you had a bad experience!

I would just go straight to the company site and not try to link through. You can't always tell where those postings are coming from or where that "apply" will take you (as you found out).

NorthPoint Search Group is a staffing firm. When I look directly at their website, it looks like they have you consent to receive SMS messages before you can view jobs. https://www.northpointsearchgroup.com/home

It must just be that staffing agency's policy. That being said, it would probably keep me from applying for jobs through that group. I wouldn't like it either. Sorry you had a bad experience!
Thank you for your reply! Yes it was a strange experience but one of the AAPC Directors looked into it earlier today and they removed the job posting. Hopefully this will keep others from going thru that.

I would just go straight to the company site and not try to link through. You can't always tell where those postings are coming from or where that "apply" will take you (as you found out).
Thanks Amy. Glad AAPC staff was able to quickly research it. No need to cause grief for anyone else, right?