Wiki AAPC Coder

Best answers
If anyone uses AAPC Coder can you please let me know what type of coding/auditing you do and how this tool benefits you as opposed to books and online websites. Also, if you use this tool do you think adding on CPT Assistant would be beneficial as well? I'm fact finding to write a proposal to purchase this tool in addition to using books. I work in an outpatient mental health facility.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

I have the AAPC coder and love it. I have not given up my books, and probably never will, but I use the AAPC as a reference tool. It gives a thorough description of the codes, Provides links to other references. Fee schedule, RVU's etc, are right there at your fingertips. CCI edits are right there. LCD's are right there. I use this multiple times a day. I do use the CPT assistant and find it very helpful and we plan to add Coding Clinic this year. Great resource when I am asked to provide information to other specialties. I have my favorite codes saved and my own notes added. My main specialty is Cardiology, but I also branch out into other specialties when they need some help.

Carol Hodge, CPC, CDEO, CCC, CEMC