Wiki 95165 WELLMED

kcowan

Best answers
IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING DENIALS FROM WELLMED REGARDING ALLERGY SERUM? WE HAVE BEEN BILLING OUT ON A PATIENT HER SERIES OF BILL UP EVERY 3-4 WEEKS 10 UNITS BUT WELLMED IS TELLING US THAT IT EXCEEDS MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE. I AM BEING TOLD 30 UNITS IN 120 DAY PERIOD? I HAVE APPEALED THE RULING NO NOT SUCCESSFUL THUS FAR?

IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING DENIALS FROM WELLMED REGARDING ALLERGY SERUM? WE HAVE BEEN BILLING OUT ON A PATIENT HER SERIES OF BILL UP EVERY 3-4 WEEKS 10 UNITS BUT WELLMED IS TELLING US THAT IT EXCEEDS MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE. I AM BEING TOLD 30 UNITS IN 120 DAY PERIOD? I HAVE APPEALED THE RULING NO NOT SUCCESSFUL THUS FAR?
Yes, we are having the same issue, when we talk to Wellmed we are told to contact UHC Medicare, and UHC Medicare informs us they follow CMS guidelines, but no where in CMS guidelines does it state 30 units every 120 days, and we can not get a clear answer from anyone as to where to locate this Wellmed policy. We even tried to contact our UHC rep and she just blew us off.... We even contacted our contact at Harris County Medical Society and was informed per CMS guidelines it is 30 units per day.

Yes, we are having the same issue, when we talk to Wellmed we are told to contact UHC Medicare, and UHC Medicare informs us they follow CMS guidelines, but no where in CMS guidelines does it state 30 units every 120 days, and we can not get a clear answer from anyone as to where to locate this Wellmed policy. We even tried to contact our UHC rep and she just blew us off.... We even contacted our contact at Harris County Medical Society and was informed per CMS guidelines it is 30 units per day.
HAVE YOU FOUND OUT ANYTHING ELSE? I HAVEN'T, WHAT I HAVE FOUND ONLY STATES ABOUT THE 10 UNITS VAILS, NO TIME PERIOD?