Wiki 94760 - pulse oximetry

klevy07

New
Best answers
Up until now I was under the impression that pulse oximetry was part of the E&M, but this month issue of Healthcare Business Monthly 09/15 AAPC, states that if medically necessary due to i.e cough/wheezing etc it may be justified to bill separately.
However, when trying to research this all I can find is that this is still considered bundled with the E&M.
Does anybody have any more insight on this ?

Up until now I was under the impression that pulse oximetry was part of the E&M, but this month issue of Healthcare Business Monthly 09/15 AAPC, states that if medically necessary due to i.e cough/wheezing etc it may be justified to bill separately.
However, when trying to research this all I can find is that this is still considered bundled with the E&M.
Does anybody have any more insight on this ?

I work in family practice that is part of a larger physician group. The main billing office has had us billing Pulse Ox this year separately and most insurances are not covering. However, we are not seeing bundle adjustments either. Patients are being billed for this small charge as non covered service. It is frustrating.