Wiki 87804

tboone

Best answers
I have been reading on the 87804 influenza code. Some post say use Modifier 59. The test we use in our clinic is 1 test with results for both A & B
Do we use one code 87804?

or
87804-59

Any Help would be wonderful :)

When I was in primary care billing a few months ago I believe it was billed as such:

87804-QW
87804-59

I would check a CCI edit program first, however.

Lena

How about with the New 59 explanation Modifiers?

CMS hopes to gain a better understanding of when and why providers use modifier -59 by introducing the following four new modifiers:
-XE, separate encounter, a service that is distinct because it occurred during a separate encounter
-XS, separate structure, a service that is distinct because it was performed on a separate organ/structure
-XP, separate practitioner, a service that is distinct because it was performed by a different practitioner
-XU, unusual non-overlapping service, the use of a service that is distinct because it does not overlap usual components of the main service

***With Medicares new modifiers to provide further information regarding Modifier 59, would any of these apply or would you just simply still submit just the Modifier 59? I don't read that any of them would apply, but want other opinions.

When I was in primary care billing a few months ago I believe it was billed as such:

87804-QW
87804-59

I would check a CCI edit program first, however.

Lena