Wiki 87798 Denial

amk93211

New
Best answers
CPT 87798 is being denied by Cigna and Aetna stating experimental or they are requesting Medical records for every claim. Is there a way we can get paid for CPT without denial or sending Medical records.

You're using an NOS code. They have to know what you're doing. You can pretty much expect what you're experiencing with an NOS code.

Hi, back in the day when I coded laboratory charges we had 87798 purposely stopped to add the necessary procedural description. I no longer code laboratory, but instead - work denials now and BCBS ND is also giving us the "denail blues"; using the same "denied for experimental; when we have already added a necessary procedure description to 87798 with the laboratory test being performed before it is billed". I feel that I have exhaustively reviewed BCBS ND medical policy there is nothing there on this procedure code so we are forced to appeal.

Hi, back in the day when I coded laboratory charges we had 87798 purposely stopped to add the necessary procedural description. I no longer code laboratory, but instead - work denials now and BCBS ND is also giving us the "denail blues"; using the same "denied for experimental; when we have already added a necessary procedure description to 87798 with the laboratory test being performed before it is billed". I feel that I have exhaustively reviewed BCBS ND medical policy there is nothing there on this procedure code so we are forced to appeal.
Hi, Dana! We are a podiatry practice new at billing out labs. I was going to see if I could pick your brain. We have an in house path lab with CLIA license. We are using a reference lab until our lab gets up and going. We are wondering how to bill for reference labs vs our in house lab. We are able to bill with reference lab under our CLIA. I hope this makes sense. Like I said, this is all new to us and reading up on some of this gets confusing and overwhelming. Thanks in advance for any of your lab knowledge you can share!