Wiki .

Best answers
Need some help about when we can code symptom codes...
I have diagnosis tonsilitis so can i code fever and cough code along with it... ????

Same like this if i have diagnosis aleergic rhinitis so can i code fever and cough code along with it ????

Same with URTI can i code fever and cough ????

Please suggest something..

if the definitive diagnosis includes the symptoms then code only the diagnosis, If the documentation supports that the symptoms are still being investigated for other possible causes then code them as well as the diagnosis.
without seeing what is documented it is not possible to say what would be correct but just guessing it looks like in your scenarios you would code only the diagnosis.

if the definitive diagnosis includes the symptoms then code only the diagnosis, If the documentation supports that the symptoms are still being investigated for other possible causes then code them as well as the diagnosis.
without seeing what is documented it is not possible to say what would be correct but just guessing it looks like in your scenarios you would code only the diagnosis.

fever

if the patient has URTI of which fever is an symptom... but the doctor want to do lab test for Malarial parasite so in this situation we can code fever though it is an symptom ????

Same for cough .. if doctor orders some x-ray for cough than can i code cough ???????????