Wiki 80104/80101 NexScreen Cup

klbrown1

Contributor
Best answers
Good afternoon,

My office is using a new drug screening tool called the NexScreen Cup. The sales rep is telling me it should be billed using G0434 for Medicare (which I agree with) and 80101 for all others (which I don't agree with). The new 80104 code seems more appropriate for this type of screening test.

Does anyone else have any experience with the NexScreen Cup? What code are you using for commerical carriers?

Thx,

Did you ever find any information on this?? I have the same issue here at my office. I need something in writing to show 80104 should be billed

80100 states qualitative, multiple drug classes chromatographic method
80101 states immunossay enzyme assay, single drug class
80104 multiple drug class OTHER than chromatographic.

If you are using a clia waived drug testing cup - it looks like it would fall under 80104, for qualitative analysis by multiplexed screening kit for multiple drugs or drug classes. The 80101 uses instrumentation that involves lab analyzers using immunossay techniques.

80100 states qualitative, multiple drug classes chromatographic method
80101 states immunossay enzyme assay, single drug class
80104 multiple drug class OTHER than chromatographic.

If you are using a clia waived drug testing cup - it looks like it would fall under 80104, for qualitative analysis by multiplexed screening kit for multiple drugs or drug classes. The 80101 uses instrumentation that involves lab analyzers using immunossay techniques.

We use the CLIA waived cups and we were instructed to bill multiple units of 80101. I agree that 80104 better describes the service provided, however, my medical director said that other clinics are billing multiple units of 80101 and it's a "community standard" to bill this way and that's how he would like me to bill it even though I advised him against it.