Wiki 76942 permananent recording & stored

nlbarnes

Expert
Best answers
Hi - where can I find the guidelines that state "permanent recorded images of the localized site – stored in patient’s records & a description of the localization process"?

I had it before from Dr. Z & probably CMS but I cannot find it & I need it ASAP.

Thanks....

Hi there! I know it's a little late, but here is some information that I found from CPT Assistant that may help you:

Injection of sclerosing solution with ultrasonic guidance for needle placement
CPT Assistant, August 2015 Page: 8 Category: Frequently Asked Questions
Related Information
Frequently Asked Questions: Surgery: Cardiovascular System

Question:

May code 36471 be reported with code 76942?

Answer:

Yes, code 36471, Injection of sclerosing solution; Injection of sclerosing solution; multiple veins, same leg, may be reported with code 76942, Ultrasonic guidance for needle placement (eg, biopsy, aspiration, injection, localization device), imaging supervision and interpretation. Note that code 76942 should be reported only once per session, even though multiple injections of sclerosing agents may be performed in the same vein and/or its tributaries and includes visualization of all vein(s) being injected and venous outflow, if performed. Ultrasound guidance procedures require permanently recorded images of the site to be localized, as well as a documented description of the localization process, either separately or within the report of the procedure for which the guidance is utilized.

CPT Assistant © Copyright 1990-2017, American Medical Association. All rights reserved.