Wiki 75825 billable with an IVC filter?

chembree

Guru
Best answers
I have been told 75825 can only be billed with an IVC filter when a "complete" diagnostic study is done. I am having trouble understanding what defines a full diagnostic study and what to look for to bill these two codes together.

Thanks

Last edited:
My physicians will do the IVCgram and then mention that based on those images they would procede with the Filter placement. They also describe what they found with the IVCgram.

My physicians will do the IVCgram and then mention that based on those images they would procede with the Filter placement. They also describe what they found with the IVCgram.

Okay, so if I understand you correctly you are saying the 75825 is billable when there is medical decision making based off the results of the IVCgram?

Thanks,

according to physicians and other coders that I have talked to, yes. With a 59 mod. It can't just be for "roadmapping" to get the filter in place. There should be a "reason" for doing the IVCgram (diagnostic). This is my understanding...i'm open for other opinions:)

We bill 75825 with the 59 modifier. My physicians have said that they have to do a diagnostic evaluation of the IVC to see if they can place a filter. If the IVC is in good shape, there's not much to say about it. Just make sure your physicians understand that it has to be a diagnostic procedure in order to bill for it. Images have to be taken, not just roadmapping.

Diane Huston, CPC,RCC